Saturday 26 October 2013

Snow Way....Can't believe I pulled this off!

I had a card to make as a commisson for a boy who is into winter sports. I had a brainwave about doing one of these 3D cards - not quite sure what you call them - and set about doing it as quick as possible as I didn't have much time. Thankfully, it came together quickly and easily and I suprised myself. The card was a 5x7 which I cut in half an put 2 folds each side of both sides to form the separating fold. On the front I cut away a piece to from the front hill. I used this piece to cut with my memory box skyline die and stuck to the back along with a piece of sky paper from my stash - I think it was a papermania one. I stamped the greeting on the front - which went wrong! I had to restamp on another piece of card and stick it over the top which was a little disappointing but I decided it wasn't worth cutting a new front for as I would probably get it wrong again! I then stamped and embossed the snowboarder on acetate and added some peel off snowflakes. This stuck onto the front piece. I finished it of with some black peel off edges but didn't want to get too fussy as it's for a boy. Really happy with what I achieved in a short time and doing a card style I've never done before.

1 comment: