Sunday, 17 November 2013

Reindeer Food for Christmas Sale

I'm trying to get stuff ready for a Christmas Fair I'm doing in December so decided to make up some packs of Reindeer food just for fun..
I think the antlers are a little delicate but hopefully they will be OK. I used a Spellbinder label die to cut the head and folded. I then used a small circle from the centre of one of the d-lite medallions to cut the nose. The antlers are a quickcutz thin florish die. I drew on a variety of eyes. The label on the back I downloaded from the internet - it's not the best quality but I think it should be OK. I'm not sure what to charge - I'm thinking 75p. Any thoughts??

Wednesday, 13 November 2013

Rooster/Cockerel/Chicken Card

Not my usual style, eh? This one is a commission card for a friend who pefers funny cards to beautiful ones! It is for a chicken breeder so found this backing paper on CraftsUprint - also found another which I loved but too 'nice' for this style of card. The rooster I cut out from different coloured cards and edged with promarkers to give it some definition. I copied a design (freehand) from a drawn cartoon I saw. It worked first time which was great and saved a lot of messing. Hope she - and you - likes it!

Tuesday, 12 November 2013

New Home Card

My neighbours were moving out and I realised I needed a card in a hurry so decided not to stamp one. I used the freebie papers from Making Cards magazine that I had to hand as I thought the bird in a cage image was quite fitting. By the time I mounted it on a narrow mat of black and gold I thought it ended up looking very stylish. Added a ribbon and a card candi and it was done! Sadly, when I took it round I found out that the husband has just found out he has untreatable bone cancer so they don't know what the future holds for them. I guess I'll have to make a card for the new neighbour too when she arrives at the end of the month - might use the same format.

Monday, 4 November 2013

Christmas Card with Baubles

This was a bit of a rush job but I just HAD to try out my new border dies. I will play more again soon. I had also stamped and embossed in gold my new bauble stamps by Creative Expressions and designed by Sue Wilson and hadn't used them. I put both together in this card and added ribbon...well there's a bit more to it than that but not much! Hope you like it....all comments welcome.

Sunday, 3 November 2013

Horse Birthday Card

This is another of those 'using stuff up' cards. I had this stamped image that was already cut out using spellbinders labels 4 and also had the elegant label cut out in brown so decided to match up. Firstly, I coloured the image using distress inks and my water brush. It turned out very well considering it was just a quick wash. I then decided to put it on a kraft 5x7 card and added some backing paper. This is a 12x12 paper that I must have had for years. No idea what drew me to it to buy it and if I had something in mind for it but it's finally proved useful! The greeting was a rub on that I just made into a banner.

Saturday, 2 November 2013

Roman's Bible Verse in an Aperture

I already had this verse printed on the background paper and thought I could make a quick card with it....I should know better! I decided to use an aperture and then embossed the card with the budding vine embossing folder. I added some vintage ribbon and put a card candi at the centre. I wanted to mount it on a matching coloured card which was 5x7 so added another white layer that I pin pricked around the edge. So it took a bit longer than I planned but I like the finished result. Hope you do too.

Friday, 1 November 2013

Simple Wedding Card

I found this stamped image and wanted to use it up. I coloured with promarkers and mounted on a spellbinders fancy tag. I decided to keep it simple otherwise such a small image would get lost. I just mounted on a white card.