Thursday 9 October 2014

O Little Town of Bethlehem

I loved everything about this card. It started with a distress ink background - I have a stash of these already done that I just use as I need them. The colours used were probably pickled raspberry and dusty concord and also had a spray of mica over the surface. I've then stamped 2 Inkwell Stamps on it - the hanging stars that was a freebie with a magazine and the 'O little town of Bethlehem' stamp. I've extended the background on the image to give more hills. I then used water and a brush to wash out the buildings so they were highlighted. I also added a little alcohol marker to the hills to define them a little better - I could have used the distress ink but didn't want to wet the card. I've added a little 'wink of stella' to the star over the buildings to highlight it. That's about it. I do love the concept and will probably make lots of these in different colours as it is a quick and easy but effective Christmas card.

No comments:

Post a Comment