Tuesday 23 June 2015

Flower Vase

I really enjoyed making this as it's a concept I've had on my 'to do' list for a while and my friend's birthday was the ideal opportunity to try it out. I'm pleased with how it turned out and want to try out some variations. The frame was cut using some Sue Wilson dies - think they are part of the Spanish collection (if there is such a thing!). The vase is a Spellbinder D-lite. The flourishes are a thin cutz die I've had for years - I was going to draw a branch and get my Brother Scan n cut to cut it out but decided this would work as well and I am pleased with it. I wanted an asymetric look to the branch and there wasn't much room on this size card so I think I will do it on a landscape shape next time. And again, with the flowers I wanted something smaller but used this punch and decided they looked OK although couldn't put in as many as I wanted. I took this photo when the glue was till wet on the gems so please forgive that! Generally, I like it and will try some variations - look out for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment